Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Metrolink Convert?


Yesterday I rode the new Shrewsbury Metrolink extension for the first time. What a beautiful ride! Great views, fun, and convenient! Very modern.

I rode it to the end of the line, and then walked the rest of the way home. The walk took about 30 minutes.

Let's see....if I start riding Metrolink to work, I could...

Save $$$ on gasoline...
Save $$$ on car repairs...
Eliminate the $120 per month payroll deduction for parking...
Get regular daily exercise...
Have a safe and relaxing ride to and from downtown...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty long walk to your house! However, that would be a nice bike ride.

Doug Duckworth said...

I take metro to UMSL and it saves me a lot of money. Plus, it's a lot more fun sitting down and not worrying about driving. The only issue is bus frequency.

Joe said...

Rick, from your neighborhood it'd probably be faster to take the #11x Shrewsbury Express downtown to work at peak-hour. Much shorter walk, too.

But MetroLink plus a transfer to the #11 Chippewa is a good off-peak option.